Speak to Your Local Member
Contact your local representatives
We need you to email your local MP and tell them NO to the Road-Under Rail solution.
- LXRA’s Road-Under Rail option was not part of a proper public consultation process. There hasn’t been an open and transparent consultation as was promised. More of a manipulation to LXRA’s preferred solution
- Our local councils, schools, businesses and residents are not advocating for LXRA’s preferred option
- Community expectation that level crossings would be removed using a Rail-Under-Road design. This is the design option used for all completed/currently being completed crossing removals to date
- Design of level crossing removals must not be decided on economics alone – must involve long-term thinking, not just a cheaper, quick-fix solution
- Consultation Process – LXRA Consultation – nothing more than Information Sessions and even then we received few answers
- Level crossings currently divide our community. The design of level crossing removal must bring the community together, not continue to divide community – a concrete monolith will divide, not unite
- Site for graffiti and associated ongoing costs of its removal
- Business impact: risk to the local traders of Rose Street, Buckley Street, Russell Streets and Essendon Junction
- Financial impact on property values – short and long term
- The Connectivity is very poor for pedestrian accessibility, connection of the community and the integration of nearby land uses. (Woodcock & Stone, 2016)
- Our Amenity for public spaces and activation for the community and recreational uses, both passive and active is also very poor. (Woodcock & Stone, 2016)
Show your community support by sending an email today to your local member.
Your elected representatives look at how many of their constituents contact them when deciding to act on an issue. To email your concerns to your representatives, just copy and paste the below email addresses into your email CC field:
“Dear <<insert name>>,
As our elected representative in the state government it is incumbent on you to advocate on behalf of the community you represent in the State Government.
Like many other people in Essendon, I want a proper solution to the Level Crossing in Buckley Street, not the quick-fix and cheapest option currently being put forward by Level Crossing Rail Authority (LXRA).
I will be attending the public rally on Sunday, May 21st 2017 at 11am to lend my support for a Rail-Under Road solution.
I urge you to meet with your Minister of Transport, Jacinta Allan and petition for a better and more preferable solution on behalf of your electorate.
Victorian Cabinet Ministers
A list of all Victorian cabinet ministers can be found here.
State District and State Region Members of Parliament
- Click here and put in your address to find out who yours are.
- Then click here and enter their names to get their contact details.
Local Council Representatives
Please write to all councillors at your local council, but particularly your ward councillors who are your direct elected representative on council. You can find your local and ward here.
City of Moonee Valley councillors’ contact details can be found here.